Valley AEYC Super Saturday - November 12, 2016
Join us for a day of fun workshops and educational presentations at our Super Saturday Conference! This conference is designed to fit into your busy life - most workshops are available before noon so you can get your continuing education hours without giving up your entire Saturday. If you're not ready for the fun to end at noon, an afternoon session offers several more workshops for an additional fee. Be sure to register before the deadline because registrations will NOT be accepted at the door! See what attendees say about their conference experience.
|7:45-8:15||Check-in and light breakfast|
|8:15-9:45||Keynote - Those A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Young Children with Diverse Learning Needs|
|9:45-10:45||Session B Workshops|
|10:45-11:00||Break for door prizes|
|11:00-12:00||Session C Workshops|
|12:00||Standard Conference Ends|
|12:15-1:00||Extended Conference lunch and rountable discussions|
|1:00-2:30||Autism Make & Take|
The Valley AEYC Super Saturday Conference will be held at the Kimberly Municipal Complex at 515 W. Kimberly Ave, Kimberly WI 54136.
The cost for NAEYC/Valley AEYC members for the Standard Conference is $30.00. In order to get the member discount, member status must be recorded by October 1 for verification. Non-members pay a little more for the Standard Conference. The Extended Conference fee is the same amount for everyone.
Register before the Early Bird deadline to receive $10.00 off your registration fee!
To register, simply print the last page of the Conference Brochure, complete the Registration form, and mail the completed form with your payment to the address listed on the bottom of the page. You will receive registration confirmation via email.
Keynote - Those A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Children with Diverse Learning Needs
Begin your Super Saturday experience with a dynamic keynote presentation by Mary N. Wonderlick. Mary is an Early Childhood Special Education consultant, facilitator of the NAEYC At Risk and Special Needs Interest Forum, and also holds positions on IL AEYC and IDEC boards and committees. Mary’s experiences cover self-contained early childhood special education, State Pre K, Head Start and Child Care programs including children with special needs.
In this presentation we will discover how to identify with and understand those very different children in our programs, explore a variety of strategies and techniques to use with children who have diverse learning needs, and learn to alter our own professional practice. We'll discover an entirely new world of solutions to help us meet the diverse learning needs of our children with humor and grace.
Sessions B & C offer a variety of fantastic workshops, each presented by an expert in their field.
- "Autism Strategies and Supports" by Diane Nackers – Speech and Language Pathologist, Hortonville Schools.
- "Behavior: Management or MisManagement??" by Mary N. Wonderlick – Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education Consultant, Chicago.
- "DisABILITY Awareness: Empowering People With Differing Abilities" by Ashley Gustafson – Outreach Coordinator, SOAR Fox Cities
- "Enhancing Your Cultural Awareness" by Angel Stoddard – Instructor, UW Milwaukee
- "Tolerance vs Acceptance" by members of Celebrate Diversity, Fox Cities: Kamal Varma – Pre-School Teacher, University Children's Center, Judy Seibel – Child Care Service Director, YMCA Neenah-Menasha, Sharon Bowen – Retired Teacher & School Counselor
- "You Want Me to do WHAT with that Child?" by Lainie Hintz – Registered Dietitian, Certified Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Once again we are offering an optional Extended Conference session for attendees who can't get enough of a good thing!
Lunch and Roundtables
Extended Session attendees are invited to enjoy a light lunch, included in the Extended Session cost. This year's lunch will be catered by Atlanta Bread Company and will consist of deli sandwich with pickle, chips, cookie, and a drink. During lunch a number of roundtable discussions will offer casual conversation, the exchange of ideas, and the chance to earn even more continuing education.
Extended Conference Make & Take
Following lunch, join us for an engaging Make & Take session by Diane Nackers, "Visual Supports to Reduce Behaviors and Increase Learning."
Please bring your own markers, scissors, and rubber cement. Those wishing to make visual schedules should also bring pictures of your classroom centers on a flash drive. There will be an additional $5.00 materials fee for this workshop.
Here are some of the comments we've received from past attendees:
- "This was my first time here, and what great ideas I got!! Great job!"
- "Love the mini-conference – will be back!"
- "Thank you for your wonderful ideas and info!"
- "Great conference, I always look forward to coming, well organized, thank you."
- "Awesome job! Great attitude! Loved it!"
- "I had a very good time and learned a lot!"
- "Fun ideas, great resources, excellent handouts."
- "Great conference, wonderful!"
- "Always informative & fun. Excellent!!"
- "I was so tired this morning and said "I don't want to go" but I was really pleased and like how the whole day went."
- "Thank you to all the volunteers and presenters who made this mini-conference possible, great job! It was great!"
Please contact us with any questions.