Tour of Centers - April 10, 2017
Enjoy a night of fun touring local childcare centers! Leisurely stroll through each center to discover creative room arrangements, imaginative wall displays, exciting playground equipment, and collect great ideas to use in your own program - what a wonderful opportunity to discover the strengths in other programs! In addition to all the great ideas you'll get, visiting all of the featured child care programs will earn you two hours of continuing education. What a fun way to earn education hours!
Tour of Centers Information
Complete information about Tour of Centers will be sent in the mail several weeks beforehand.
Cost for Tour of Centers:
- Valley AEYC Members: There is NO CHARGE for Valley AEYC members; Tour of Centers is one of the benefits of membership! Please make sure your membership is current as of October 1, because members who join or renew after October 1 cannot be verified and will need to pay the non-member rate. Not a member? Join today!
- Non-Members, Guests, Spouses: There is a nominal cost for everyone who isn't a Valley AEYC/NAEYC member. This includes non-members, and guests/spouses of non-members and Valley AEYC members.
All Tour of Centers participants will receive a wristband indicating that they have paid, a map locating the participating centers, and a stamp card.
- Valley AEYC members will receive their wristbands, maps and stamp cards by mail before the night of Tours and may start at any center.
- Guests, spouses and non-members will begin the night by registering between 6:00 and 7:00 at 21 for Tots, where you will receive your stamp card, map and wristband. Absolutely NO REGISTRATIONS will be allowed after 7:00 so be sure you're not late!
- Pre-registration is available in person on April 4th from 4-6 pm at Play & Grow Learning Center, Greenville. Individuals will need to sign the pre-registration form and pay their fee. Persons registering a group will need to bring a list of all attendees' names and pay the full fee for everyone in the group. You will receive wristbands, maps, and stamp cards, and may start at any center on the night of Tours.
- Phone or mail-in registrations are not accepted.
Please contact us with any questions about this year's Tour of Centers.
This year we will be touring the following centers:
- 21 for Tots
- A Child's Imagination
- Parent/Child Center FVTC
- Our Shepherd Care Center
Comments About Tour of Centers
Here are some of the comments we've received from Tour of Center participants:
- "Thanks so much for providing this event. It is such a fun way to get continuing education hours, and spend time with fellow providers."
- "I want to tell you how much our entire staff enjoy spending the evening touring centers together. It allows us to see new ideas and network at the same time."
- "Our staff looks for forward to this event each year!"
Tour of Centers Code of Conduct:
To help us continue this event, Valley AEYC has adopted a code of contuct for those who are participating. Please review the following Code and plan to help keep the centers sparkly clean. As this is an "adult only" event, please do not bring children on the tour. Thank you for understanding.
- All visitors will be required to show his/her identifying bracelet to a Valley AEYC member or center/home provider upon entering premises.
- All visitors will be respectful of the touring center. For example, place garbage in appropriate places, and do not take things off of walls; ask for copies if interested in an item.
- Visitors should treat the center as if it was their own. Be respectful of the center’s property and keep negative comments to self.
- Visitors should be respectful of the starting and ending times of the tour.
- Inappropriate language, accessing center materials without permission, or other unprofessional activity (i.e. drinking, smoking, and swearing on grounds) will not be tolerated. Visitors may be asked to leave the premises.
- Please clean up after yourself. If snacks are provided, please dispose of trash in the appropriate spot. Remember, centers need to be fully operational the following day.
- Respect the wishes of each site to allow or not allow photographs during the tour.
Anyone caught violating this code of conduct may be asked to leave immediately. Recurring complaints may cause Valley AEYC to terminate the Tour of Centers event in future years.